JHA Environmental, Inc. currently provides stormwater management services for a major aerospace company at a research facility in Los Angeles County, California. The site, which encompasses approximately 2,850 acres, can discharge thousands of gallons of runoff per day during rain events. All site discharges are regulated in accordance with a site-specific National Pollutant Discharge Elimination Permit (NPDES) in accordance with a Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) Order. JHA’s scope at this site includes:
- Designing, installing, programming, and maintaining ISCO 6712 24-hr automatic sampling and flow measurement devices at designated stormwater outfall discharge locations.
- Mobilizing sampling crews for all rain events to collect grab samples, confirmation samples, and document stormwater flow conditions at outfall locations and at various established points along the drainage systems.
- Monitoring and maintaining rainfall gauges and remote weather data collection systems.
- Diverting and/or capturing stormwater at specific locations and treating the captured stormwater with two separate stormwater treatment systems. Each treatment system is capable of treating over 1,000 gallons per minute and the stormwater is treated for turbidity, pH, metals, and VOCs in accordance with site-specific WDRs.
- Managing chemical, material, and generated wastes and performing periodic inventories.
- Installing, maintaining, and monitoring various stormwater control best management practices (BMPs) including stormwater retention basins, check dams, silt fences, sandbagging, fiber rolls, hydroseed/hydromulch, etc.
- Performing periodic Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) inspections including pre-rain inspections, daily during rain event inspections, and post-rain inspections.
JHA has been providing stormwater services at this site since 2009. Our staff for this project includes Qualified SWPPP Developers/Qualified SWPPP Practitioners (QSDs/QSPs), Professional Engineers (PEs), Professional Geologists (PEs), Sampling Technicians, Operation and Maintenance Technicians, and subcontracted Heavy Equipment Operators and Construction Laborers.